A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.