A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our designers possess a remarkably noteworthy responsibility. They possess the significant duty of deciding upon coordinating fabric materials from a massive selection of fabrics manufactured by numerous fabric material designers and companies. Each texture chosen is integral to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did a splendid job of finding visually appealing materials that match each other and harmonize effectively. This is why we consider a quilt a work of art!