A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different. We post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, many types of methods have been cultivated to make it easier for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is named paper piecing, which is nearly always adopted to assemble the complicated corners of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title designates, uses a particular paper pattern on which the material segments are stitched. The pattern directs the needleworker to successfully assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out flat. Procedures such as this are a very good help to our quilters!