A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that each quilt's size is different, it is important that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate fit for your bed. Assess your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework prior to buying!