A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.