A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, all sorts of strategies have been produced to make it much easier for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these techniques is named paper piecing, which is commonly taken advantage of to put together the intricate edges of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title illustrates, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the cloth cuts are sewn. The pattern guides the needleworker to perfectly assemble the pieces together so that the finished top will lay out flat. Techniques of this sort as this are a marvelous help to our quilt-makers!