A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.