A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who make our quilts select quality colorful materials and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Because lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to care for their households, their professions have to fit their home life. Quilting suits that need. We enable these ladies to operate at their own personal pace to ensure they may adequately take care of their household. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually really good therapy and a great past-time.