A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Due to the fact that many Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their households, their professions must coincide with their home life. We allow our ladies to operate at their own pace so that they can effectively care for their family.