A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions can be different. We list the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. It is important to do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is important that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are unique. Assess your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring prior to buying!