A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.