A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's proportions is different. We post the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically used to define crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to create his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just needle, thimble, and also thread to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to produce a product distinctly for you.