A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts select top quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that many Amish and Mennonite women remain at home to care for their households, their jobs have to fit their home life. Making quilts meets that need. We permit these women to work at their own rate to ensure they can adequately care for their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually really good therapy and also an outstanding past-time.