A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Due to the fact that a lot of Amish and Mennonite women remain at home to take care of their households, their occupations have to correspond to their home life. Making quilts suits that need. Our team enables these ladies to operate at their own rate to make sure that they can effectively care for their household. For a lot of women, quilting is really good therapy and an outstanding past-time.