A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Since lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to care for their families, their occupations need to fit their home life. Quilt-making suits that requirement. Our team enables these women to produce at their own personal pace to ensure they can adequately look after their household. For many women, making quilts is actually great therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.