A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts created by a craftsman as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and also sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with only thimble, needle, as well as string to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop a product uniquely for you.