A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who make our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your homework before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite ladies must correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they remain at home to look after their households. Quilt-making suits that criteria. Our company allows these ladies to work at their own personal pace so that they can properly take care of their family. For lots of women, making quilts is good therapy and a superb past-time.