A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.