A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans possess a truly important responsibility. They have the critical task of figuring out coordinating patterns from a seismic array of fabric materials generated by many different material designers and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is pivotal to the final aesthetics of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a top job of choosing appealing materials that match each other and combine splendidly. That is the reason why we call a quilt a piece of artistry!