A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Kindly do your research before buying!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is generally utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife as well as sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with just thread, needle, and thimble to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to create a product distinctly for you.