A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who create our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. We designate the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that many Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to take care of their households, their occupations need to correspond to their home life. Quilt-making meets that requirement. We enable these women to operate at their own pace so that they can appropriately look after their family. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually really good therapy as well as an excellent past-time.