A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly utilized to define crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and also sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with just thimble, needle, and also string to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to create an item uniquely for you.