A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's size differs. We list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite women needs to correspond to their home life, since they remain at home to care for their households. Quilting meets that criteria. Our team allows these women to create at their own personal rate to ensure that they may properly care for their family. For a lot of ladies, quilting is excellent therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.