A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Kindly do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to correspond to their home life, because they remain at home to look after their households. Making quilts suits that need. Our company allows these ladies to produce at their own rate to ensure that they can properly look after their family. For lots of ladies, making quilts is actually excellent therapy and an excellent past-time.