A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. It is important to do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally used to describe crafts created by a craftsman as opposed to a factory. Each handmade quilt is special because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with merely needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to produce a thing uniquely for you.