A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's proportions varies. We list the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Kindly do your measuring prior to buying!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with just string, needle, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce an item uniquely for you.