A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies. We post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Please do your homework prior to buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our designers hold a truly important undertaking. They have the difficult undertaking of figuring out coordinating fabrics from a huge variety of fabric materials produced by numerous material designers and companies. Each fabric material chosen is pivotal to the completed appeal of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a splendid job of picking out charming fabrics that enhance each other and coordinate nicely. That is precisely why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!