A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.