A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain lady's experience. Each of our ladies focuses on either piecing or quilting. For that reason, at the very least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together specialize in piecing certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to come to be an expert in her field.