A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your measuring prior to buying!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a certain lady's proficiency. Every one of our women specializes in either assembling or quilting. At least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops together focus on assembling certain quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to come to be a professional in her work.