A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
For hundreds of years, quite a number of strategies have been perfected to make it much easier for quilters to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is named paper piecing, which is regularly adopted to put together the challenging points of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title illustrates, uses a distinct paper pattern on top of which the material segments are sewn. The pattern leads the quilter to properly stitch the pieces together so that the finalized top will lie out evenly. Methodologies such as this are a great aid to our quilt-makers!