A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.