A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts select top quality vivid materials and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Please do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.