A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements is different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with only needle, thread, and thimble to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to develop a product distinctly for you.