A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.