A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.