A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. We list the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. It is important to do your research before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to define crafts created by an artisan rather than a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with only needle, string, and thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop a thing distinctively for you.