A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Please do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with merely thread, needle, as well as thimble to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to produce a thing uniquely for you.