A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically used to define crafts created by an artisan rather than a factory. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. However, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with merely needle, string, and thimble to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce a thing distinctively for you.