A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that every quilt's dimensions are special, it is important that the quilt you order is a well-suited fit for your bed. Assess your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework ahead of buying!