A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Kindly do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their families, their professions need to coincide with their home life. Quilting accommodates that requirement. We allow these ladies to work at their own personal rate to ensure that they can appropriately look after their family. For lots of women, making quilts is excellent therapy as well as a superb past-time.