A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that many Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their jobs have to fit their home life. We allow these women to work at their own rate so that they may properly care for their loved ones.