A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our creators enjoy a really significant undertaking. They possess the critical task of figuring out complimentary fabric materials from a massive variety of textures fabricated by a variety of fabric designers and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is crucial to the finished appeal of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did an admirable job of settling upon appealing patterns that enhance each other and coordinate splendidly. That is why we call a quilt a work of fine art!