A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Because every quilt's proportions are unique, it really is vital that the quilt you order is a correct fit for your bed. Verify your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework ahead of buying!