A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.