A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We post the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your measuring ahead of buying!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you buy is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Investigate your size simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you purchase!