A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our creators hold a remarkably significant undertaking. They have the crucial mission of picking out coordinating patterns from an almost infinite variety of patterns produced by numerous material designers and suppliers. Each texture chosen is essential to the completed appearance of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a splendid job of selecting appealing fabric materials that balance each other and coordinate favorably. That is why then we call a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!