A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select high quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's measurements differs. We designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Please do your measuring before making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.