A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size varies. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your homework before making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.