A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, string, and needle to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce an item distinctively for you.