A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their families, their occupations need to coincide with their home life. Quilting accommodates that need. Our team permits these women to operate at their own personal pace to make sure that they may adequately look after their family. For many ladies, quilting is actually really good therapy and also an outstanding past-time.