A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is generally used to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with just needle, string, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce a product uniquely for you.