A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts select quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our designers hold a very important assignment. They have the critical task of determining coordinating textures from a massive array of patterns generated by numerous material designers and companies. Each pattern chosen is vital to the final look of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an admirable job of choosing visually appealing materials that enhance each other and combine excellently. That is precisely why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!