A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts created by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with just thimble, thread, and also needle to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to develop an item uniquely for you.