A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who create our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We specify the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Definitely do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.