A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an ideal fit for your bed. Each quilt's size is unique. Check your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research before you buy!