A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.