A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite women has to correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they remain at home to look after their loved ones. Making quilts fits that criteria. We allow these ladies to work at their own pace to ensure they can properly take care of their family. For many ladies, quilt-making is actually good therapy and also a great past-time.