A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's measurements varies. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is vital that the quilt you order is a well-suited fit for your bed. Each quilt's size is unique. Confirm your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research prior to purchasing!