A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your measuring before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.