A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Given that lots of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their households, their jobs need to correspond to their home life. Our team permits these women to work at their own pace so that they can adequately care for their loved ones.