A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. It is important to do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a specific woman's experience. Each of our ladies concentrates on either piecing or quilting. Consequently, a minimum of 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together concentrate on piecing particular quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to become a professional in her work.