A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's sizing is different. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.