A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Because a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their loved ones, their occupations have to correspond to their home life. Our team enables these women to function at their own pace so that they can properly look after their loved ones.