A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite ladies needs to fit their home life, given that they stay at home to care for their loved ones. Quilting accommodates that requirement. We enable these women to create at their own personal pace to ensure that they can appropriately look after their household. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is good therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.