A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who design our quilts select top quality colorful materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Please do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our designers hold a truly important position. They have the critical task of determining complimentary fabric materials from a huge choice of patterns generated by various pattern artists and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is integral to the final look of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did a first-rate job of picking out charming fabrics that match each other and correlate effectively. That is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!