A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts select top quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size varies as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. It is important to do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you order is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's dimensions are special. Assess your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research before you purchase!