A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.