A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's proportions is different. We post the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they remain at home to care for their loved ones. Quilt-making fits that need. Our team enables these women to operate at their own pace so that they can properly take care of their household. For a lot of women, quilting is actually excellent therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.