A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.