A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a specific woman's expertise. Every one of our women focuses on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together concentrate on piecing particular quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to become a professional in her field.