A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different. We list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts created by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and also stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely needle, thimble, and also string to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop a thing distinctly for you.
A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. We designate the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Definitely do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, an array of tactics have been developed to make it easier for quilters to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is called paper piecing, which is typically utilized to piece the challenging angles of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title signifies, uses a special paper pattern on top of which the fabric fragments are stitched. The pattern leads the seamstress to successfully sew the pieces together so that the finished top will lay out evenly. Methods such as this are a very good support to our quilt-makers!