A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size differs. We designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain lady's knowledge. Each of our ladies concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops with each other specialize in piecing specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to become an expert in her field.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite women stay at home to look after their households, their professions must fit their home life. Making quilts accommodates that criteria. We enable these women to work at their own rate to make sure that they can adequately maintain their household. For lots of women, quilt-making is actually excellent therapy and also an excellent past-time.