A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who create our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.
A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs. We designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a specific woman's know-how. Every one of our women focuses on either assembling or quilting. As a result, at least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops with each other concentrate on assembling specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to end up being a professional in her field.