A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's size can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you buy is an ideal fit for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are special. Assess your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework before you purchase!