A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's sizing is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans maintain a really important undertaking. They have the vital responsibility of deciding upon complimentary materials from an almost infinite choice of fabric materials produced by a wide range of fabric designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is integral to the completed appeal of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did a first-rate job of choosing beautiful materials that suit each other and correlate effectively. That is the reason why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!
A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts select top quality colorful materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your homework before making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, many types of strategies have been produced to make it easier for quilters to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is named paper piecing, which is popularly adopted to piece the intricate points of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title illustrates, uses a specific paper pattern onto which the fabric fragments are sewn. The pattern directs the needleworker to successfully stitch the pieces together so that the finished top will lie out flat. Strategies such as this are an excellent support to our quilt-makers!