A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose quality vivid materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that each quilt's proportions are unique, it is important that the quilt you purchase is definitely an appropriate match for your bed. Assess your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your research ahead of purchasing!
A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Definitely do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Considering that numerous Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their loved ones, their professions have to coincide with their home life. We enable these women to function at their own pace so that they may properly care for their family.