A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. However, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with only string, thimble, and needle to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to produce an item distinctly for you.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Considering that lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to take care of their households, their jobs need to correspond to their home life. Making quilts accommodates that criteria. We permit these ladies to work at their own personal pace to make sure that they can properly look after their household. For a lot of ladies, quilting is excellent therapy and also a great past-time.