A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. It is important to do your research prior to your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans have a truly important position. They have the critical duty of figuring out coordinating fabrics from an almost infinite array of patterns offered by a wide range of fabric material artists and suppliers. Each texture chosen is crucial to the finished fashion of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a lovely job of choosing attractive fabric materials that suit each other and coordinate splendidly. That is the reason why we call a quilt a piece of art!