A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Please do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Because many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their jobs need to correspond to their home life. Quilting accommodates that requirement. We enable these women to create at their own personal rate so that they can adequately look after their household. For lots of women, quilt-making is good therapy as well as an excellent past-time.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's overall size varies. We post the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, various sorts of procedures have been produced to make it more convenient for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is named paper piecing, which is normally applied to combine the complex corners of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title signifies, uses an unique paper pattern on which the fabric segments are sewn. The pattern guides the needleworker to correctly assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out flat. Methodologies such as this are a fantastic aid to our quilt-makers!