A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Over the centuries, numerous strategies have been cultivated to make it much easier for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these techniques is named paper piecing, which is nearly always adopted to assemble the complicated edges of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title implies, uses an unique paper pattern on which the material fragments are stitched. The pattern directs the seamstress to perfectly assemble the pieces together so that the finalized top will lay out evenly. Solutions of this sort as this are a fantastic aid to our quilters!
A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts select top quality vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Since each quilt's proportions are different, it really is crucial that the quilt you buy is an ideal fit for your bed. Verify your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!