A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Definitely do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
It is important that the quilt you order is an appropriate fit for your bed. Each quilt's size is different. Assess your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research before you buy!
A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing can be different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently used to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a factory. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to create his workmanship, our seamstresses use different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with only thimble, needle, as well as string to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to develop a thing distinctively for you.