A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts pick quality colorful materials and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's measurements differs. We designate the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your homework before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our artists enjoy a remarkably noteworthy assignment. They have the vital assignment of determining coordinating fabrics from an enormous variety of patterns produced by various material designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is essential to the finished fashion of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did an admirable job of settling upon pleasing fabric materials that balance each other and combine splendidly. This is precisely why we consider a quilt a work of fine art!
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Not many folks know the extent of time and laborious workmanship associated with making a quilt. Quilt-making is a process which make require 5 to 9 months
to finalize. Crafting a quilt calls for designing, shearing, assembling, quilting, and binding. Altogether, the total amount of time to complete one quilt totals close to 200 to 300 hours.