A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Given that lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their loved ones, their occupations have to coincide with their home life. We permit these women to operate at their own personal rate so that they can appropriately look after their loved ones.
A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who create our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Definitely do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artists hold a quite important assignment. They possess the difficult mission of settling upon coordinating patterns from a huge array of fabrics fabricated by numerous fabric designers and companies. Each texture chosen is crucial to the finished character of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did a lovely job of going with attractive textures that suit each other and combine favorably. That is why then we call a quilt a work of artwork!