A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different as well. We list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, a number of solutions have been perfected to make it much easier for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is paper piecing, which is very often used to compose the intricate edges of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title illustrates, uses a special paper pattern on top of which the fabric pieces are stitched. The pattern leads the quilter to accurately assemble the pieces together so that the finished top will lie out evenly. Solutions such as this are a tremendous support to our quilt-makers!
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. Kindly do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Few people recognize the scope of time and laborious labor involved in creating a quilt. Creating a quilt is a process that make require 5—9 months
to finish. Crafting a quilt calls for designing, scissoring, combining, quilting, and binding. All in all, the entire amount of time to finish one quilt amounts to roughly two hundred to three hundred hours.