A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
It is important that the quilt you purchase is a correct match for your bed. Each quilt's dimensions are different. Assess your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!
A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our designers possess a remarkably significant responsibility. They possess the vital duty of selecting complimentary fabrics from a seismic choice of textures produced by many different fabric material designers and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is vital to the finished look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a first-rate job of going with charming textures that complement each other and correlate favorably. This is the reason we refer to as a quilt a piece of artistry!