A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Due to the fact that many Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their professions have to coincide with their home life. Our company enables our ladies to work at their own pace so that they can adequately look after their loved ones.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Given that every quilt's size is different, it is vital that the quilt you purchase is an ideal fit for your bed. Investigate your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your research before you purchase!