A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that numerous Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their families, their jobs have to correspond to their home life. We enable these women to function at their own rate so that they can effectively look after their loved ones.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts pick quality colorful materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size is different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since every quilt's size is unique, it is vital that the quilt you buy is a correct match for your bed. Evaluate your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring before you purchase!