A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts select top quality colorful materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We publish the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your research before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, a variety of procedures have been perfected to make it less complicated for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is paper piecing, which is typically taken advantage of to assemble the complicated points of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it name suggests, uses a particular paper pattern onto which the material cuts are stitched. The pattern leads the quilter to properly stitch the pieces together so that the finished top will lay out flat. Methodologies of this sort as this are an excellent aid to our quilters!
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who create our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.