A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Since each quilt's dimensions are unique, it is vital that the quilt you order is an appropriate match for your bed. Investigate your size simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you buy!
A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Over the centuries, a lot of solutions have been perfected to make it more convenient for quilters to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is named paper piecing, which is nearly always applied to combine the complicated corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title indicates, uses a specific paper pattern on top of which the fabric sections are stitched. The pattern guides the quilter to correctly stitch the pieces together so that the completed top will lie out flat. Techniques such as this are an effective help to our quilters!