A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, various kinds of techniques have been developed to make it much simpler for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is paper piecing, which is nearly always used to combine the challenging corners of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title implies, uses a special paper pattern onto which the fabric cuts are sewn. The pattern helps the quilter to properly sew the pieces together so that the finished top will lay out evenly. Strategies of this sort as this are a wonderful aid to our quilters!
A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our creators maintain a remarkably noteworthy assignment. They have the difficult responsibility of deciding on complimentary fabrics from a huge variety of fabrics fabricated by a variety of fabric artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is integral to the completed appearance of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a top job of finding visually appealing materials that complement each other and harmonize well. This is precisely why we call a quilt a work of artwork!