A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's measurements is different. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Because lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their households, their professions need to coincide with their home life. Our company permits these women to function at their own rate so that they can properly care for their household.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that make our quilts select top quality vivid materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We list the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain lady's competence. Each of our women focuses on either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops with each other concentrate on piecing specific quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to become a professional in her field.