A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Kindly do your measuring before your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Our artists hold a quite noteworthy responsibility. They possess the vital undertaking of settling upon coordinating materials from a massive selection of materials generated by different fabric material designers and suppliers. Each texture chosen is essential to the final look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an admirable job of choosing beautiful textures that enhance each other and coordinate excellently. That is the reason that we regard a quilt a piece of fine art!
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process needs a specific woman's proficiency. Every one of our women specializes in either assembling or quilting. Therefore, a minimum of 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops together concentrate on piecing certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to become a professional in her work.