A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements differs. We publish the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that every quilt's size is unique, it really is important that the quilt you order is definitely a correct match for your bed. Evaluate your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you buy!
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, various sorts of methodologies have been developed to make it more convenient for quilters to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these methods is named paper piecing, which is often times applied to put together the challenging points of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title specifies, uses a specific paper pattern on which the material pieces are stitched. The pattern helps the quilter to properly assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out flat. Methods of this sort as this are a marvelous aid to our quilters!