A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to take care of their families, their professions must correspond to their home life. Quilt-making meets that criteria. Our company permits these ladies to operate at their own rate to ensure they can properly maintain their household. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually really good therapy and a great past-time.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your measuring before making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a particular woman's knowledge. Every one of our women focuses on either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are involved in making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops with each other concentrate on assembling certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to become a professional in her work.