A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Kindly do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
For hundreds of years, various sorts of methods have been perfected to make it less complicated for quilters to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these methods is called paper piecing, which is very often employed to assemble the challenging angles of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title suggests, uses a special paper pattern on top of which the fabric cuts are stitched. The pattern guides the quilter to accurately stitch the pieces together so that the finished top will lay out flat. Strategies of this sort as this are an excellent aid to our quilt-makers!
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans enjoy a really important assignment. They have the difficult duty of selecting complimentary fabrics from a huge selection of materials manufactured by numerous fabric designers and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is pivotal to the completed look of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did a fine job of going with charming textures that match each other and coordinate nicely. That is the reason that we refer to as a quilt a piece of art!