A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements differs. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you purchase is a suitable match for your bed. Each quilt's size is different. Verify your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!
A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts pick quality vivid materials and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size varies. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Please do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.