A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We post the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is vital that the quilt you purchase is an ideal match for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Assess your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you buy!
A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.