A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Only a few people realize the level of time and monotonous workmanship associated with making a quilt. Building a quilt is a process which make require 5—9 months
to accomplish. Making a quilt necessitates designing, scissoring, combining, quilting, and binding. All told, the entire amount of time to complete one quilt totals as much as two hundred to three hundred hours.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is important that the quilt you buy is an ideal fit for your bed. Every quilt's proportions are special. Evaluate your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!