A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
For hundreds of years, a number of procedures have been produced to make it easier for quilters to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is paper piecing, which is usually adopted to piece the intricate corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name specifies, uses an unique paper pattern on which the cloth segments are stitched. The pattern helps the seamstress to properly sew the pieces together so that the finished top will lie out evenly. Procedures of this sort as this are a tremendous help to our quilt-makers!
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select top quality colorful materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. It is important to do your measuring before purchasing!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our designers possess a really significant position. They possess the vital task of deciding upon coordinating fabrics from an enormous assortment of fabric materials developed by different material designers and suppliers. Each texture chosen is integral to the finished look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an excellent job of settling upon charming fabrics that balance each other and combine effectively. That is the reason we consider a quilt a work of artwork!