A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely needle, thimble, as well as thread to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to produce a thing distinctively for you.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Kindly do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is essential that the quilt you order is a correct fit for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are different. Confirm your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you buy!